- Organization: IFAD – International Fund for Agricultural Development
- Location: Rome (Italy)
- Grade: International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement – Consultancy
- Occupational Groups:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2019-09-06
Click “SAVE JOB” to save this working job description for later.
Sign up for free to be able to truly save this job for later.
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international institution that is financial a specialized United Nations agency focused on eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates during the local, national and international level for policies that donate to rural transformation. IFAD’s headquarters is in Rome, Italy, but operates in more than 90 countries.
The Independent Office of Evaluation (IOE) of IFAD promotes accountability and learning through independent evaluations of IFAD’s work. Consistent with IFAD’s 2011 Evaluation Policy, IOE reports directly into the IFAD Executive Board.
Under the overall strategic, policy and management guidance of the Director, IOE, and the day to day supervision of responsible IOE staff (lead evaluation specialist, senior evaluation officer or evaluation officer), the junior consultants will donate to the conduct of IOE evaluations, including project level evaluations and higher-level evaluations (e.g. country strategy and programme evaluation, evaluation synthesis reports, corporate level evaluations).
The duration associated with assignments can differ in one to half a year based on the needs.
Specific tasks can sometimes include the immediate following:
- Collect, codify and analyse documentary data and prepare written inputs for the approach paper of evaluations;
- Prepare desk review notes on specific country context, themes or projects;
- Subscribe to organizing quantitative and qualitative data collection;
- Offer the organization of evaluation paper writer missions, and participate, as required, in evaluation missions and selected field strive to help with logistics and coordination, plus the data collection process;
- Analyze quantitative and data that are qualitative appropriate software programs;
- Prepare written inputs as may be required, e.g. draft working papers on selected themes and evaluation criteria or contributions towards the evaluation report that is main
- Archive all analysis and documentation associated with the evaluation on the IOE Sharepoint environment (xDesk).
- Understanding of contemporary quantitative and evaluation that is qualitative and practices, preferably in the region of evaluation of agriculture and rural development interventions.
- Field experience linked to agricultural and rural development is desirable.
- Communication skills: write clearly, succinctly and convincingly, listen and communicate to activate others.
- Computer skills: full command of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet that is common. Mastery of statistical analysis software program is a bonus.
- Advanced university degree (at least Master’s equivalent) in economics, agriculture, development studies, finance, management, public policy, social sciences or related studies.
- At least two (2) years of responsible experience in international development cooperation with concentrate on evaluation, research, agriculture and development that is rural natural resources management
- Knowledge on natural resource management, sustainable agriculture, climate change and related issues, including how they impact rural development and poverty reduction, an asset.
- Demonstrated experience writing academic / analytical papers;
- Demonstrated expertise in finding data and information through web-based sources;
- Knowledge of the U.N. system and also the international agriculture and development community that is rural.
The work relationships of the senior consultants are primarily for information-gathering and exchange meant for studies and thematic assignments which will need to adhere to IFAD procedures and standards that include identifying reliable sources.
- Full command, both written and communication that is verbal in English;
- Excellent written and communication that is verbal in French or Spanish are a secured asset.
It should be noted that consultants are not staff of IFAD, and that this consultancy does not carry any expectation of employment with the Fund. Remuneration shall be based on the standards set for UN consultants.
In the interest of creating most cost effective use of funds and resources, we are only able to react to applicants who are short-listed for interview. Applicants that do not receive any feedback within 3 months should think about their application unsuccessful.